McKissick Closed spelter socket for steel wire rope ø 8 mm up to ø 102 mm. Spelter socket terminations have an efficiency rating of 100%, based on the catalogue strength of wire rope.
- Forged Steel Sockets through 38 mm, cast alloy steel 40 mm through 102mm.
- All cast steel sockets 40 mm and larger are magnetic particle inspected and ultrasonic inspected.
- Proof testing available on special order.
- Spelter socket terminations have an efficiency rating of 100%, based on the catalog strength of wire rope.
- Ratings are based on recommended use with 6x7, 6x19, or 6x37, IPS or XIP (EIP), XXIP (EEIP), RRL, FC, or IWRC wire rope.
- Strand constructed with minimal number of wires (e.g. 1x7) requires special consideration that socket basket length be five (5) times the strand diameter or fifty (50) times the wire diameter , whichever is the greater.
- Also available in self-coloured / ungalvanized version on request.
Standard: Fed Spec RR-S-550D TYPE B.
- Material: Forged steel from wire rope ø 8mm up to 38mm. From ø 40mm Cast Alloy steel.
- Marking: ID code and Manufacturer's symbol.
- Finish: Galvanized.
- Safety factor: 5:1