GWO Manual Handling
1/2 Day Course
The aim of this course is to reduce the risk of musculoskeletal injuries for wind technicians in the wind industry and enable participants to perform their tasks and activities in the safest possible way when working in a wind turbine environment.
After having successfully completed this BST Manual Handling course, participants can:
- Take responsibility for the use of essential manual handling principles to reduce the risk of musculoskeletal injury when performing physical tasks and activities in the wind industry.
Definition of Manual Handling: The transporting or supporting of a load - including lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying, or moving by hand or by bodily force.
- Course Participants should also have a personal profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing any GWO Basic Safety Training.
- A GWO course participant may attend a refresher course in the specific training module prior to the date of expiry on the current certificate or training record.
- If a GWO training record is refreshed within the two months prior to expiry of the previous training, its new validity will begin from the previous certificate’s ‘valid until date’ in WINDA.
- If a GWO certificate or training record is refreshed more than two months before expiry, it will carry the training completion date as the valid from date.
- If any type of certificate or training record has expired, the course participant must attend the full initial training module(s) to obtain a new training record
- This course will be held at our Head Office in Harworth.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS NEED TO BRING
- Each participant is required to produce photographic ID on the first day of the course. Failure to do so will result in the participant being unable to attend.
- Participants will require Safety Footwear, Gloves, Glasses, and Overalls.
FURTHER COURSES AND INFORMATION
Certex UK offers a range of standard training courses as detailed on our web site and bespoke training courses can be tailored to suit your specific needs. Many of our courses are LEEA certified. For further information or to discuss your requirements in more detail, please contact our Sales Team on +44 (0) 1302 756777.