GWO First Aid - Refresher
1 Day Course
The aim of this course is to enable participants to recognise signs and symptoms of life-threatening situations and administer safe and effective first aid in the Wind Turbine Industry and Wind Turbine Generator environment in order to save lives and prevent further injury, until the casualty can be handed over to the next level of care.
After successfully having completed this BST First Aid Course, participants can:
- Act independently in recognising, assessing, and prioritising the need for basic first aid and providing lifesaving first aid until the casualty can be handed over to the next level of care in case of an incident in the Wind Turbine Industry / WTG environment.
- Take responsibility for recognising the limitations as a basic first aider, calling for help and enable evacuation of the casualty in case of an incident in the Wind Turbine Industry / WTG environment.
- Course Participants should also have a personal profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing any GWO Basic Safety Training.
- A GWO course participant may attend a refresher course in the specific training module prior to the date of expiry on the current certificate or training record.
- If a GWO training record is refreshed within the two months prior to expiry of the previous training, its new validity will begin from the previous certificate’s ‘valid until date’ in WINDA.
- If a GWO certificate or training record is refreshed more than two months before expiry, it will carry the training completion date as the valid from date.
- If any type of certificate or training record has expired, the course participant must attend the full initial training module(s) to obtain a new training record.
- This course will be held at our Head Office in Harworth.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS NEED TO BRING
- Each participant is required to produce photographic ID on the first day of the course. Failure to do so will result in the delegate being unable to attend.
- Participants will require Office-based clothing only for this course.
FURTHER COURSES AND INFORMATION
Certex UK offers a range of standard training courses as detailed on our web site and bespoke training courses can be tailored to suit your specific needs. Many of our courses are LEEA certified. For further information or to discuss your requirements in more detail, please contact our Sales Team on +44 (0) 1302 756777.