Lifting Equipment Inspection Engineer
We are recruiting for a Lifting Equipment Inspection Engineer to be based out of our Montrose facility. The role will involve Inspections and Maintenance activities of lifting and safety equipment at customer sites and in our workshop.
- In house inspections and maintenance.
- Site visits to carry out: Installation, inspection, testing of lifting equipment.
Qualifications & Personal Skills:
- LEEA qualified
- Lifting equipment examiners (preferred, but not essential)
- Wire rope inspection (preferred, but not essential)
- NDT ASNT level 2 MPI
- The candidates should be confident, customer focused, able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Good IT skills with excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to work alone with strong decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of the tools and instruments for testing and inspection.
- Willing to learn new skills and continually develop.
- Previous relevant experience in the inspection of General Lifting Equipment, Manual Lifting Machines, Powered Lifting Machines, Service Lifts, PUWER Equipment.
- Experience of associated defects identification and the impact the defects may have on continued safe use of the in-service equipment.
- Working to risk assessments, method statements and identifying risks.
- Working on customer sites (Onshore and offshore in a highly regulated industry is highly advantageous).
- Detailed understanding of inspection processes
- Excellent knowledge of defect acceptance criteria
- Good working knowledge of LOLER, PUWER
- Good understanding of risk assessments and health & safety.
To apply please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org