Contact our renewables team. Send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Depending on your location and industry sector there is different legislation that specifies the requirements of hook block compliance.
For example the HSE specify in HSG221 - Technical guidance on the safe use of lifting equipment offshore, that Hook blocks should be dismantled, inspected and subjected to non-destructive testing examination at intervals not exceeding five years. Blocks fitted with new or modified parts (in the primary load path) should be overload (proof load) tested appropriate to their SWL.
This applies to all offshore installations (as defined in the Offshore Installations (Safety Case) Regulations 2005), both fixed and mobile, operating within the UK Continental Shelf.
At Certex we provide the full refurbishment service covering:
- Complete dismantling and detailed inspection of components
- Wear Measurements and dimensional checks
- Replacement of parts
- Corrosion removal and blasting
- Non-destructive testing
- Recoating to required specifications
- Load test (with Class witness if required)
- Complete and detailed documentation with Reports (and Class Certificate if required)