GWO Working at Height & Manual Handling
2 Day Course
The aim of this course is to enable the participants, through theoretical and practical training, to use basic personal protective equipment, work safely at heights and perform comprehensive basic rescue from heights in a wind turbine environment. Furthermore, this course also aims to encourage positive manual handling and ergonomic behaviour and enable participants to perform manual handling tasks in a safe manner.
After having successfully completed this BST Working at Heights and Manual Handling course, the participants have the ability to: -
- Act safely and responsibly, apply good manual handling techniques when working at heights, and perform comprehensive basic rescue from heights.
- Course Participants should also have a personal profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing any GWO Basic Safety Training.
- A GWO course participant may attend a refresher course in the specific training module prior to the date of expiry on the current certificate or training record.
- If a GWO training record is refreshed within the two months prior to expiry of the previous training, its new validity will begin from the previous certificate’s ‘valid until date’ in WINDA.
- If a GWO certificate or training record is refreshed more than two months before expiry, it will carry the training completion date as the valid from date.
- If any type of certificate or training record has expired, the course participant must attend the full initial training module(s) to obtain a new training record.
- This course will be held at our Head Office in Harworth.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS NEED TO BRING
- Each participant is required to produce photographic ID on the first day of the course. Failure to do so will result in the delegate being unable to attend.
- Participants will require Safety Footwear, Gloves, Glasses, Harness and Overalls.
FURTHER COURSES AND INFORMATION
Certex UK offers a range of standard training courses as detailed on our web site and bespoke training courses can be tailored to suit your specific needs. Many of our courses are LEEA certified. For further information or to discuss your requirements in more detail, please contact our Sales Team on +44 (0) 1302 756777.