GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) Offshore
5 Day Course
The GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) is the first step to a career in the Wind Industry. Upon completion of the course, participants will possess an awareness of the hazards encountered when working within the Wind Industry and how to control and mitigate these hazards. The BST course will also equip participants with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to appropriately respond in the event of an emergency and to increase their safety through proper use of personal protective equipment, emergency equipment and procedures.
The approved GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) provides participants with important skills, which include - First Aid, Fire Awareness, Working at Heights, and Manual Handling. To enable participants to work in the offshore environment, an additional GWO Sea Survival course shall be completed.
- First Aid
- Fire Awareness
- Working at Heights
- Manual Handling
- Sea Survival
- Course Participants should also have a personal profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing any GWO Basic Safety Training.
- A GWO course participant may attend a refresher course in the specific training module prior to the date of expiry on the current certificate or training record.
- If a GWO training record is refreshed within the two months prior to expiry of the previous training, its new validity will begin from the previous certificate’s ‘valid until date’ in WINDA.
- If a GWO certificate or training record is refreshed more than two months before expiry, it will carry the training completion date as the valid from date.
- If any type of certificate or training record has expired, the course participant must attend the full initial training module(s) to obtain a new training record.
- This course will be held at our Head Office in Harworth.
- The Sea Survival will be delivered offsite.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS NEED TO BRING
- Each participant is required to produce photographic ID on the first day of the course. Failure to do so will result in the delegate being unable to attend.
- Participants will require Safety Footwear, Gloves, Glasses, Harness and Overalls.
FURTHER COURSES AND INFORMATION
Certex UK offers a range of standard training courses as detailed on our web site and bespoke training courses can be tailored to suit your specific needs. Many of our courses are LEEA certified. For further information or to discuss your requirements in more detail, please contact our Sales Team on +44 (0) 1302 756777.