Lifting Gear Hire Equipment Management and Inspection System (LEMIS)
Certex offer a total package for the hire and management of Fixed and Loose Lifting Gear so that the client can concentrate on their core business. Based on standard and optional service features it provides full compliance with Health and Safety legislation and major costs savings through better utilisation of Lifting Equipment and overhead savings. Certex have provided rigging lofts and associated Management Systems for over 10 years to offshore platforms and major industrial companies. With over 72,000 items of Lifting Gear available within the contract hire system you can be sure that Certex are the leading company providing such a total package.
The Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) puts the responsibility for safe use and the control of Lifting Equipment onto the Purchaser. It includes a requirement for the following:
Accessories, Man Riding - 6 monthly intervals All other Equipment - 12 months or in accordance with a written examination scheme.
Standard Features of LEMIS
- Certex supports in the responsibility for a client’s lifting equipment within current legislation.
- Equipment is recorded and controlled on the Certmax+ Certification system ensuring total traceability.
- All items in use are fully tested, certified and colour coded at all times.
Optional Features of LEMIS
The concept is tailored to a specific client’s requirements and can include the following:
- Purchase of a client’s existing gear including spares.
- Provision of on site rigging lofts either manned or unmanned which are provided on a contract hire basis.
- Management of those items defined as fixed or specialised plant.
- Leasing of client’s facility
- Control of sub-contractors lifting equipment
- Recruitment of existing Lifting Gear staff
- Provision of a central service point at a suitable location
- Provision of a central hire store at a suitable location
- Certex engineers available on a 24/7 365 days a year basis
- Guaranteed 1 hour emergency response
- Certification Management
Methodology of Implementation
- The process for implementation is based on a partnership to identify areas for improvement and maximum cost saving.
- Certex works with the client to agree the scope and develop the right package for their unique circumstances.
- Carry out a survey to establish total equipment register
- Identify equipment for rigging lofts
- Identify number & locations of lofts
- Agree fixed / specialised plant
- Appoint a contract manager
- Costs become clearly identified
- A partnership approach identifying areas for improvement and maximum cost saving
- Certex works with the client to define the scope and develop the right package
- The package is then optimised on a continual basis
- The emphasis is always about ongoing cost reductions
Benefits of LEMIS
- Improved safety
- Enable full legal compliance with legislation
- Significantly reduce management time
- Reduce costs by at least 10-15% in the first year
- Ensure all equipment is tested, colour coded and certified
- Free staff to focus on core activity
- Increased technical support
- Provide new initiatives for cost saving
- Certex replaces the client as duty holder
- Clearly identified costs for Lifting Equipment
- Fixed monthly charge for Lifting Equipment
- Positive cash flow from sale of equipment and ease of premises
- Reduced depreciation
- Reduced inventory
- Maintain and upgrade existing equipment
Interested in lifting equipment hire?