General: Wedge socket assembly with safety bolt, nut and cotter pin.
Assembly includes socket, wedge, pin, wireropeclip, tensioner bolts and secondary retention wire.
The patented wedge socket termination solution is specifically designed to be used with high performance wire ropes. The wedge socket termination gives, together with most wire ropes, a remaining strength of 80% of the wire rope's minimum breaking load. The wire rope end is secured with a wire clamp against the wedge, this prevents the wedge to come loose or be knocked out.
- The 423T wedge socket terminations have a minimum efficiency rating on most high performance, high strength, compacted strand, rotation resistant wire ropes of 80% based on the catalog breaking strength of the various ropes.
- Design eliminates the difficulty of properly seating the wedge with high performance wire rope into a wedge socket termination.
- Proper application of the Super TERMINATOR eliminates the “first load” requirement of conventional wedge socket terminations.
- Wedge and accessories provided with a zinc finish.
- Basket is cast steel and individually magnetic particle inspected.
- Pin diameter and jaw opening allows wedge and socket to be used in conjunction with closed swage and spelter sockets.
- Secures the tail or “dead end” of the wire rope to the wedge, thus eliminates loss or “punch out” of the wedge.
- Eliminates the need for an extra piece of rope, and is easily installed.
- The wedge eliminates the potential breaking off of the tail due to fatigue.
- The tail, which is secured by the base of the clip and the tension device, is left undeformed and available for re-use.
- Material: Cast Steel
- Marking: According to standard
- Standard: EN 13411-6