CERTEX offer sales, servicing, seamanship knowledge and a wide range of marine and industrial equipment to the Ministry of Defence and its prime contractors.
Our Services to this established market are underpinned by a proven expertise in delivering innovative solutions and a proven expertise in delivering innovative solutions and reduce life costs to deliver real savings.
Certex Defence employs specialist defence experts with a detailed knowledge of military applications and NATO specifications.
Certex provides strategic sourcing and supply of all NATO and commercially specified stores and provides specialist services including:
- Provision of logistical support to the MOD, IPT's, MOD prime contractors and their subcontractors
- Full rigging warrants
- First outfit of stores
- Manufacture of Rigging Assemblies to NSN and commercial standards
- Supply and manufacture of Wire Rope and Fibre Rope assemblies for craneage, berthing and towing applications
- Provision of Sail making Services, Awnings, Covers, Soft Furnishings, Smoke Curtains and anti-sabotage nets
- Lifting Products
- Provision and supply of Life rafts, Lifejackets, Rescue Boats and safety at sea equipment
- Personal protective equipment
- Provision of seamanship audits and surveys, consultancy and expertise
- Full ship load testing including RAS Testing, Lifeboat Davit testing and anchor points
- Engineering services for dockyard craneage and lifting equipment including statutory inspection and repairs
Certex defence specialises in providing strategic sourcing and supply of all NATO and commercially specified stores, provision of seamanship audits, surveys, vonsultancy, complete packagesBlocks, first outfit of stores, full rigging warrants and solutions according to NSN and COTS.
Certex Defence have completed major projects including:
First outfit of stores for offshore patrol vessels for the government of Trinidad and Tobago
Project managed the regeneration of seamanship, general rigging and lifesaving equipment on three Type 23 RN frigates for the Chilean Navy
- Project managed the regeneration of seamanship, general rigging and lifesaving equipment on three Type 22 RN frigates for the Romanian Navy
- Certex was engaged by the MOD and prime contractors to conduct various surveys, testing and product supply on the two RFA's Sir Galahad and Sir Bedivere working closely with Portsmouth and Falmouth dockyards prior to the sale to the Brazilian Navy.
- Certex worked on two mine sweepers bringing them up to a state of acceptance prior to sale to the Lithuanian Navy.
- Certex Defence is currently working closely with the waterfront services team and project managers, having established an excellent relationship through trust and professionalism. We are called upon for our skills and knowledge in seamanship, by conducting seamanship reports to give clients best solutions, advice, best practice and support.
- Certex Defence have been called upon to liaise with the Navy and dockyard in the testing of fixed seamanship items on HMS Scott.
- Certex Defence has worked on most types of ships within the dockyard providing a first class service to MOD and contractors
- Certex Defence has a specialist database which covers a huge scope of equipment including most NSN items.
- Certex Defence also runs a national LTA with a major MOD prime contractor providing a full testing, inspection and rigging service for support vessels, ocean going and dockyard tugs.
- Certex Defence has been called upon to conduct a verification audit of the new T45 ships' Rigging Warrants and their lifting plant.
Certex offer a range of products. Specifically for the defence market we offer the following:
- Fit out of stores
- Lifting Equipment
- Live saving products
- Safey Equipment
- Medical Equipment
- Ship Husbandry
- Dibing Equipment
- Navigation Equipment
- Safety Clothing
- Rigging Warrants
- Rigging Assemblies
- Wire rope & Fibre Assemblies
- Sail making
These cover a wide range of functions from consultancy and advice on complying wth UK legislation to a statutory inspection service for all lifting equipment, fall arrest equipment and wire ropes.
Our services include:
Provision of logistical support to the MOD, IPT's and contractors
Provision of seamanship audits, surveys and consultancy services for evaluation of naval stores equipment and recommendations for replacement
Survey, inspection, removal, testing and replacement of rigging warrants
Survey for first outfit of stores
Full ship load testing including RAS testing, Lifeboat Davit testing and cable gear testing.
Inspection and testing of lifting equipment
Contract hire and management systems
Wire rope and lifting equipment training
Customer site based repair and maintenance programmes
Wire rope installation and change outs