Closing Date: 31st July 2023
Offshore Lifting Engineer - Oil & Gas
Certex UK are looking to recruit a permanent, full time, Offshore Lifting Engineer to work in the Southern North Sea Oil & Gas Industry. Candidates must be located within a commutable distance from Great Yarmouth.
Certex UK are part of the Axel Johnson International Lifting Solutions Group, a global player specialising in lifting equipment, steel wire rope and services.
Full training will be provided for the role, however an offshore background is preferential, particularly in the field of Crane Operations and Rigging.
The successful candidates’ primary responsibilities will include:
- LOLER inspections of general loose lifting equipment.
- PUWER inspections of safety equipment.
- LOLER inspections of fixed lifting equipment.
- Crane thorough examinations and testing.
- Lifeboat davit inspection and testing.
- Non-destructive testing.
- General rigging and slinging duties.
Your essential skills, training and aptitude will include:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good time keeping and ability to work to deadlines.
- A positive attitude towards hard work.
- A good team spirit and willingness to quickly learn new skills.
- Physically fit.
- Full driving license.
Your preferred skills and training will include:
- Strong mechanical or engineering background in any discipline.
- Working in an offshore environment.
- Crane operations.
- Rigging duties.
During training periods, it may be required to work in the Great Yarmouth onshore facility.